Welcome to Reflections of a Buddhist Pole Dancer!



Friday, June 12, 2009

First Things First

When I do the following I stay happy, balanced, somewhat sane and ready for full participation with my family and friends:
  • Eating Right: No sugar, lots of fresh foods at regular intervals
  • Sleeping: Eight *uninterrupted* hours, please!
  • Engaging in Daily Physical Activity: Running, kickboxing, kettlebell workouts
  • Playing: Pole, please!
  • Reading stuff that keeps me focused
  • Spending Quiet Time In The Morning (dare I say meditation?) when I can set my day.

Doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, picking up toys and running errands are NOT on my list! But truly I spend more time prioritizing those things than fitting in what really matters. Is this an AHA moment? Heck no! I've known this all along. Then why don't I follow my own owner's manual? Like all the owner's manuals for important things in my life, I often don't know where it is. I'll have to think about that one for a bit...

I'm excited about being an Honoree for the Santa Cruz Team In Training Marathoners! I meet them tomorrow for a picnic in the redwoods. It feels good to be stepping outside of myself and getting involved in something great. It's been a while.

2 comments:

leslie said...

I SO identify with what you're talking about. Makes me think of the walnuts and rice story. Let me know if you haven't heard it.

Make today a BEAUTIFUL day!

Larry said...

My owner's manual (I love this term!) had gone missing for the past few weeks, but it seems I've finally relocated it beneath a giant steaming pile of I don't give a damn. I've tossed that stinkin' pile into the trash, and moving forward again.

PS. Leslie, I've not heard the walnuts and rice story. I'd love to hear/read it if you're willing to share.