Welcome to Reflections of a Buddhist Pole Dancer!



Saturday, February 26, 2011

1happygrrl's Proust Survey

1. I am 1 happy grrl because

2. I am courageous when

3. I am most compassionate toward

4. When I see myself as complete I

5. I am working on

6. Every woman needs to know

7. If I had a magic wand

8. I’ll be best remembered for


my answers (tonight)

1. I am 1 happy grrl when I am living my truth.

2. I am courageous when I lean into the sharp points, learn from the pain, and still choose to soar to new heights.

3. I am most compassionate toward animals, those who have less, and those who I understand.

4. When I see myself as complete I smile, say, "Oh, there you are!" and melt into the warmth of being enough.

5. I am working on developing compassion for those who harm me, including myself, and staying present. 

6. Every woman needs to know that courage lives in her core, compassion circulates through her veins and she is complete right now.

7. If I had a magic wand I’d cure diabetes and move with my kids to Disneyland.

8. I’ll be best remembered for my smile.

4 comments:

leslie said...

I find questions like "favorite number?" or "favorite color?" a lot easier to answer, but I'll give these a shot.

1. I am 1 happy grrl when I focus on what I have with gratitude, rather than focusing on what I don't have with regret.

2. I am courageous when i get out of bed even when i want to stay there. I'm also courageous when i lead "Girls on the Run" even though it's scary.

3. I am most compassionate towards those who seem to be struggling with what I've struggled with. Then again, sometimes I'm most impatient with them in the "I did it. Now you should!" sort of way.

4. When I see myself as complete I am at peace with everyone.

5. I am working on mindfulness in all areas (as opposed to knee-jerk reactivity, especially when it comes to food).

6. Every woman needs to know she is enough just as she is. And that the forgiveness and grace you extend to others can also be extended to yourself!

7. If I had a magic wand, I would probably screw everything up, as absolute power corrupts absolutely. But curing my niece's diabetes and fixing my parents dismal situation, and maybe giving my son an ankle that works would be right up there on my list.

8. I'll be best remembered for my compassionate heart and my wicked dance moves. :)

Michelle said...

Sandy Printer's Post (with help from me!):
1. I am 1 happy grrl because I am curiously alive

2. I am courageous when I take giant steps outside my comfort zone.

3. I am most compassionate toward misunderstood, struggling people

4. When I see myself as complete I am in balance - - physically, mentally and spiritually.

5. I am working on spiritual growth and development

6. Every woman needs to know they are beautiful beyond words

7. If I had a magic wand I would have people wake up

8. I’ll be best remembered for my humor

Karly Pitman said...

1. I am 1 happy grrl...when I rest with life as it is instead of wishing it, I or someone else were different.

2. I am courageous when...I face what scares me. (That's a super broad category!)

3. I am most compassionate toward...others.

4. When I see myself as complete I...am more forgiving, both of myself and others.

5. I am working on...opening to my darkness, and what terrifies me.

6. Every woman needs to know...what she likes and be okay with expressing it.

7. If I had a magic wand...I would let every human being feel loved, safe, held, and at peace.

8. I’ll be best remembered for...that remains to be seen. What I hope to be remembered for is kindness.

Lori said...

I LOVE this post. I'll need to do the survey later :) xo