Welcome to Reflections of a Buddhist Pole Dancer!



Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pretty Little Rationalizations

Rationalize: (v) attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

My mind has a very loving, protective part that's job is to translate reality into more palatable bites.  I call it my Kind Mind. This is a list of recent aging-related realities that my Kind Mind has tweaked on my behalf.

Harsh Reality: Last spring's khaki pants are quite snug.
Kind Mind Rationalization: Brian must have dried them in the dryer on a high-heat setting.

Harsh Reality: Most of my "skinny style" pants are particularly tight in the knee area. (Me? Fat knees? Impossible.)
Kind Mind Rationalization: Skinny pants are made for tweens with three-percent body fat and, of course, Brian must have dried all of mine-- including the ones I've not yet purchased but have tried on in stores-- on a high-heat setting.

Harsh Reality: My neck is collecting rings that rival those of a towering Redwood.
Kind Mind Rationalization: Neck rings are all the rage and if I looked closely, I'd see that we're all one big National forest.

Harsh Reality: My long-distance vision is getting fuzzy.
Kind Mind Rationalization: I have x-ray vision in reverse and everyone must envy my new super-power.

Pretty little lies or not, I love my Kind Mind. :)

 P.S. My Kind Mind says Uni-Kitties likely exist.


No comments: